Pages

.

Gwaihir - The Windlord

Gwaihir the Windlord...


Good info here from LOTR wiki


A metal model I have had for some time, a bargain from ebay if I recall correctly...


I love the giant eagles, especially the way PJ has depicted them in the movies, the cinematography is just breathtaking... I love the scene, and music, as they fly the dwarves to safety in the first Hobbit movie... as they cross the mountains and drop down into the valley towards the Carrock, and air flow ruffles the feathers of their wings - its a wow moment!


In the game, Gwaihir will give the good forces a very helpful mobile 'unit' ... that is quite strong, without being over powering...

Also, theme wise its very easy to fit Gwaihir as a monster into your force, as he could be flying around anywhere over middle earth and be able to come to your aid at just about anytime, unlike an Ent which I always feel is a bit of a stretch thematically to get involved unless you are specifically fighting a battle at Isengard or Fangorn!

I look forward to trying Gwaihir out, alongside my forces for Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment